Why repair your home appliances with Norwest Appliance Services?
If you want your appliances fixed right the first time, Norwest Appliance Services are your go-to. Appliances are an investment, so when they start to show signs of wear and tear you should invest in the best repair company to repair them for you. With over 30 years of experience repairs in appliances in Sydney, you can be sure that we are the professionals for the job. So, why choose Norwest Appliance Service?
Experienced appliance repair technicians in Sydney
We offer domestic appliance repairs throughout Sydney and the surrounding suburbs. Our fully qualified technicians are fast, reliable and offer guaranteed results on the repairs that they assist you with. With over 30 years of experience under our belts, you can be sure that we will have the parts and the experience required to have your appliances up and running in no time at all.
Fast and reliable appliance service in Sydney
Time is money and we all know that the longer our appliances are out of action, the more inconvenienced we can end up being. Norwest Appliance Service offers fast response vehicles that will arrive on time to begin the repairs on your appliances.
Repair guarantee on all major appliances
Not only do we offer a repair guarantee on all major appliances that we work on, but we also offer a 12 month guarantee on the parts that we use to repair your appliance with. We know how important quality work and peace of mind is. So, with this in mind, know that Norwest Appliance Service offers that best service around.
Appliance repair we offer by-type
We offer a vast range of different domestic appliance repairs. Take a look at our comprehensive list here:
Washing Machine Repairs
Washing machines are a staple appliance of everyday life. So, when yours starts malfunctioning or stops working altogether, your first instinct may be to throw your existing one out and go buy a new one. We can save you the effort and money. We offer washing machine repairs that Sydney residents can rely on. We repair all of the major brands so be confident that we’ll be able to assist you if you find yourself looking for Sydney appliance repairs.
Dryers are an important luxury of modern-day life that many of us don’t realise we rely upon. However, when the worst happens and you no longer have a functioning dryer, it can become evident incredibly fast just how much you use yours. This is especially obvious if you live in a home that doesn’t offer substantial washing or drying space. If your dryer is malfunctioning or stopped working altogether, we can help. We repair all the major dryer brands and have parts on hand for all repairs.
There’s no denying that a functioning fridge is essential to everyday life. Not only does it provide you with well cooled and fresh food, but it can help keep other essentials such as medication at the correct temperatures. When your fridge stops functioning property, it’s essential that you get it sorted ASAP. However, rather than running out and panic buying a brand new fridge, get Norwest Appliance Service to repair it. Our professional team can repair most brands of fridges, fast.
When your stove becomes faulty or stops working entirely, you will often be unable to prepare the foods that you are used to making with no fuss. Not only is this a huge inconvenience, but it can end up costing you a lot of extra money if you are having to order in food every night while your stove is out of action. Rather than heading out and buying an expensive new stove, call in the professional repair technicians.
Ovens are built to last an average of 15 years. So, if your oven is having troubles and it isn’t yet this old, you should always consider repairing it first before you head out and buy a new one. Not only will you save money on an expensive new oven, but our professional technicians can have it sorted in a hassle-free and fast way.
For many families, dishwashers have become a staple of modern life. Many of us rely on our dishwashers to avoid the monotonous chore of washing dishes. So, when your dishwasher goes on the fritz, it can be understandable to become frustrated. If you’re in need of an expert to repair your dishwasher, get in touch with Norwest Appliance Service.
Major Appliances Brands We Service
We repair and service all major brands of appliances as well as a huge variety of the smaller brands as well. Take a look at just some of them here
We specialise in repairing all of the major brands on the Australian market as well as many of the smaller ones. Take a look at just some of those here.
How do appliance repairs work
We’re proud to say that not only do we offer a guarantee on our repair work but we also offer a 12 month guarantee on the parts that we install. Get in touch with us before 12 noon and one of our qualified technicians can be at your home repairing your appliances today.*
* Subject to availability
Take our customers’ word for it
Take a look at some of client testimonials to see just how fast, efficient and reliable out team is. With a 4.8/5 rating you know that you’ll receive top quality service from Norwest Appliance Service.
Locations we offer appliance repair in Sydney
Our fleet of rapid response vehicles service are available in key Sydney suburbs such as the Hills Shire Council area. From Parramatta to Blacktown council area, as well as Penrith in the west of Sydney, we have you covered. If you’re looking for local appliance repairs Sydney, we can help.
Appliance Repair FAQs
In many cases, the problem that’s causing the appliance to malfunction is minor and can be easily fixed by a knowledgeable technician. In circumstances where a part needs replacing, it’s often possible to source spares cheaply, particularly if generic, rather than manufacturer-specific, spares are utilised.
A good technician will swiftly diagnose the nature of the fault, and then provide information on the options available. This gives you the data you need to make an informed decision on whether to have the appliance repaired, or replace it.
When considering whether repairing an appliance is worth it, considerations such as convenience and environmental responsibility are also important – a good technician can have your appliance working in an hour or two; in contrast, a replacement may take weeks to source, leaving you without the benefits the appliance provides.
A discarded appliance may be difficult to recycle – unfortunately, all too often, appliances that could be repaired end up in landfills. Repair of appliances where possible is the eco-friendly choice.
Whilst the specific nature of problems vary depending on the appliance, the following are all common reasons for failure:
- Wear and tear on moving parts – if your appliance moves in any way, the mobile parts will almost inevitably wear over time.
- Seals. The seals on washing machines, ovens and dishwashers are made from flexible materials that are prone to wear.
- Motors. If you regularly overfill your washing machine, for example, the motor is put under a considerable amount of stress. Using the appliance at the limits of its tolerance also strains the motor, increasing the risk of breakdown.
- Overheating. From leaving an appliance on for too long to using it at the maximum setting for a long period of time, there are several reasons why an appliance might overheat. Overheating can cause serious damage to several parts of an appliance.
- Elements and Fans: Elements and Fans in stoves and ovens can stop working or are just slowly moving and not producing the desired temperatures to cook food properly.
- Limescale build-up. Particularly if you live in a hard water area, limescale deposits can cause appliances to seize up. Appliances that use water (such as dishwashers or washing machines) are particularly vulnerable to limescale damage.
There are several reasons why appliances need repair from time to time. Some of these are detailed below.
- Replacement of worn parts prolongs the lifespan of your appliance. Often all that’s needed to bring an appliance back into use is a minor repair or a fresh part. Regular repairs, coupled with servicing, optimise the chances your appliance will provide many years of service.
- Repair is frequently cheaper than replacement.
- Repair is an eco-friendly option. All too many appliances end up in landfills when a simple repair could see them restored to a fully functioning state.
- Update an existing appliance. In many cases, it’s possible to improve the performance or function of an appliance through an upgrade. Fitting a fresh component to get better results is frequently much less costly than buying a higher-spec appliance.
- Convenience. Not only do you have to do without a much-needed appliance whilst waiting for a new one to arrive, but there’s also the added cost and disruption associated with installation, as well as the need to dispose of the old appliance (which often incurs an additional charge). In contrast, appliance repairs are completed on-site, with your appliance restored and ready to go in just a few hours.
There are all sorts of reasons why appliances may stop working, and some of these include:
- Safety. If an appliance gets too hot or comes into contact with water when it’s not meant to, it may well short out. This process destroys the fuse, meaning the appliance won’t function until it’s been repaired.
- A part has worn away.
- Pipes or moving components in an appliance have become furred up with limescale.
- Poor maintenance. An appliance that’s poorly maintained puts extra strain on the motor, increasing the chances of failure.
- A blockage. Something as simple as a sock stuck in the washing machine’s filter will be enough for it to stop working properly. Similarly, if the drainage pipe of an appliance becomes blocked, the appliance may well cease to work properly.
Before calling an appliance technician, it’s worth consulting the appliance’s manual to see if there are any simple steps you can take yourself to get the appliance working again. If you’ve tried these and the appliance still isn’t working, it’s time to call for appliance repair.
You will also need repair if the appliance is still showing signs of life, but not working as it should. For example, a washing machine failing to drain and/or spin, a stove element that is warm but not hot or a dishwasher that’s stuck on one cycle are all times when a repair technician would come in handy.
There are two main reasons why you should replace an appliance:
- If the appliance is so badly broken that it can’t be repaired.
- If the appliance is old and no longer has the capacity to meet your needs, even if it’s working properly.
In both sets of circumstances, it’s worth consulting an appliance technician. They can give an expert option on whether an appliance can be repaired, as well as let you know if an appliance can be upgraded, or whether it needs replacing to meet your demands on it.
Appliance repair is the process of completing work on an appliance that isn’t working to restore it to a functional state. Appliance repair may include part replacement, cleaning, topping up levels of refrigerants or other liquids essential to the working of the appliance, mending worn or broken parts, replacing elements or heating mechanisms, replacing seals, or inspecting the appliance to see what preventative maintenance is needed to keep it working well.
An appliance is a machine that’s been designed to complete a particular task. Some appliances are gas-powered; most are powered by electricity. Appliance repair may involve restoring the machine to its former glory or simply restoring enough function that it will do what you need it to.
As the name suggests, an appliance technician is an individual with a good level of knowledge regarding the way in which appliances function. In the event of a breakdown, they have the expertise to swiftly diagnose the problem, as well as come up with cost-effective solutions. Appliance technicians may be specialists in a particular brand or have generic expertise.
Technicians come from a variety of different backgrounds – as well as fitting new parts, they may also have experience in welding or wiring. An appliance technician can repair or service almost any appliance, providing a responsive, versatile solution to all your appliance needs.